August 27th, 2009, 22:58 Posted By: wraggster
News/release from zx81
ColEm is one of the best emulator of the ColecoVision videogame system running on FreeBSD, HP-UX, SunOS, Solaris, Linux, and other Unix systems. There are also ports to MacOS, MSDOS, Windows, OS/2, PocketPC and other systems. See http://fms.komkon.org/ColEm/ for further informations.
GP2X-Colem is a port on GP2X-F100 of my previous PSP port version of ColEm.
What's new in version 1.1.0 :
- A thumbnail image is now displayed in the file requester
while selecting any file with the same name of a previously
saved game (roms, keyboard, settings).
It might be very helpful to recognize that game later if you
have thousand different games in your rom folder !
- Save state dates are displayed in the emulator window
- Save state files are now saved using gzip compression
(with STZ as file extention). It's much faster to save
or load states now.
You can use gzip or 7-zip to convert old STA to STZ.
STA file format is still supported for loading, so you
convert your previous saved files inside the emulator.
(it's now easier to identify and to load the right save state slot)
- Cheat support !
- Memory monitoring engine to find your own cheat code !
- Text editor to modify the global cheat.txt file
- Text editor to write your own comments on games
- Display first comment line while browsing game files
- Auto fire support for second joystick
- Zip rom files are decompressed in memory (much faster !)
- Improve file requester with virtual keyboard to choose
sequentially rom files beginning with a given letter
- Add documentation for settings in help menu
- Auto-fire mode, press RTrigger+X to switch it on/off
- Add several new hotkeys :
. settings such as fps, render mode, auto fire speed
can now be directly modified inside the emulator
(no need to enter in the settings menu)
. quick save / quick load current state
(no need to enter in the main menu)
- Add ntsc/pal option and fix issue with default speed
(emulator was too slow in ntsc mode)
Sources are included, and this package is under the GNU public license,
read COPYING.txt file for more information about it.
Download Here and Give Feedback Via Comments
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 0 comments - Join In and Discuss Here