January 17th, 2012, 01:42 Posted By: wraggster
I mentioned it a couple of times, but it's finally time to officially announce it:
The Pandora Rebirth Competition - Deadline: End of March 31st (UTC)
The prizes of the competition are the following:
One of the fully working Pandora PCBs from the German prototype production run in a special edition case!
You can either choose a golden or pearl white case (I will post pictures soon), signed by EvilDragon.
Both cases only exist one time worldwide!
Additionally, you'll get a fully licensed copy of GLBasic including a GLBasic Sketchbook (thanks to the author for this prize) as well.
And you can choose between a Hardigg Storm Case iM 2050 (trimmed to store a Pandora, extra battery, and earbuds), an an UnderWater Kinetics Retro-Lunch Box 309 Dry Box.or a handmade neoprene Pandora softcase (hand sewn with 16oz upholstery thread).. Thanks to ithic.com for these prizes!
A fully working Pandora straight from the German production starting in February, signed by EvilDragon.
Additionally, you'll get a fully licensed copy of GLBasic (thanks to the author for this prize) as well the choice between the two remaining prizes fromithic.com.
A classic 1st Edition Pandora (PCB from Texas).
Additionally, you'll get a fully licensed copy of GLBasic (thanks to the author for this prize) as well as a the last remaining prize from ithic.com.
4th and 5th prize:
A 32GB SDHC card, tested to work with the Pandora as well as a GLBasic Sketchbook.
6th and 7th prize:
A 16 GB SDHC card from Samsung, tested to work with the Pandora as well as a GLBasic Sketchbook
If you don't follow the rules, your entry might be disqualified - so be sure to read these carefully.
You are free to share this competition on any websites, forums, IRC, social media, etc. you like.
- The program you submit can be virtually anything: A game, an application, a tool, an alternative OS, an OS extend, etc.
- The entry can be a port of an existing program or a completely new development.
- The entry HAS to work on the Pandora. It does not have to be in PND format, but it should run and start on the Pandora.
- The Pandora version of the entry must NOT be released to the public before the competition is over. You can release as many versions for other platforms as you like. It is also okay if there's an early Pandora version predating January 9th - but no further public releases should happen if you plan on entering.
- The entry can of course be released to selected betatesters.
- The entry CAN be an engine or port for an existing commercial game (similar to ScummVM or the VVVVVV-port). Be sure you own all the needed licenses though!
- You are welcome to post pictures and videos or share your project ideas with the community (and get suggestions and/or help from them). The judgement will be done by the community, so this is a good way to find out what they'd love to get
- One person can submit an unlimited number of entries - however, each entrant can only win one prize.
- Team projects are possible, but the prize can only be won by one person in the team. I will throw in small prizes for the rest of the team (up to 5 members) though, like T-Shirts, signed cases, etc.
- You MUST have the full rights and licenses to use and release all graphics, sounds, music, code and or anything else you supply with your entry. No copyrighted material (unless you license it from the copyright holder - proof needed) is allowed.
- No illegal content or pornography is allowed.
- Voting will happen through polls on the official Pandora Boards (http://boards.openpandora.org/).
- We will release a splashscreen and small banners which needs to be included somewhere in your entry. You are NOT forced to show a splashscreen on startup for a few seconds. As long as a banner and or the splashscreen is included ANYWHERE in the program (credits screen, main menu, somewhere in the levels, etc.), it's fine
- The rules can be changed and / or optimized within the next couple of days (also based on community input) until January 15th.
To get help with coding, cross-compiling or setting up a dev environment, you can ask for help at the Development Section on the boards or by visiting #openpandora on Freenode.
Finally, I'm also asking for help from the community here:
Please read and review the rules and let me know any suggestions you have.
Also, I know we got some pretty talented graphic designers here: If anyone wants to create a splashscreen and / or banners in various sizes, I'd be very happy about it
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 0 comments - Join In and Discuss Here